Getting rid of a large item? First, consider donation!
DSNY – Collection Request for Large Items
Go to http://nyc.gov/donate for options. If there’s no life left in your item (and it’s not metal/plastic) go to http://nyc.gov/bulk or call 311 to make a collection request for a large, bulky item.ource: DSNY – Collection Request for Large Items
Our team will now pick-up your non-recyclable objects larger than 4 x 3 feet. Request a pickup appointment, and then simply set out your over-sized waste at the curb after 4 pm the night before your pickup appointment date.
- Collections will be made Monday through Saturday, except on City holidays.
- All items must be left at the curb. We will not enter your home or ring your bell.
- In the event of severe weather, collections will be postponed and rescheduled.
- Appointments may be scheduled up to four weeks in advance.
Important Collection Information:
- Mattresses and Box Springs: Seal these items in a plastic bag before placing them curbside to prevent the spread of bed bugs. Fine Avoided: $100
- One- and Two-family Homes: We will collect up to 6 over-sized objects from do-it-yourself, home improvement projects. Debris generated by contractors must be removed by a private carter or dumpster service.
- Carpet, Rugs and Lumber: Securely tie these together in bundles no larger than 2 x 4 feet.
- Before disposing of these items, check to see if you can donate or recycle them first. Find convenient drop-off locations at nyc.gov/donatenyc or more information at nyc.gov/recycle
Read more nyc.gov/donatenyc