The College of Staten Island’s Office of Continuing Education has launched a new youth division called READY. The READY division supports youth, ages 18-24, who are unemployed/underemployed and not in school. READY places youth into free training programs and supports them with obtaining credentials, internships, and sustainable employment.
The Patient Care Technician (Includes Certified Nursing Assistant, Phlebotomy, & EKG) program will begin April 17 – October 5th, 2017.
Classes will be held Monday – Thursday, 6:00-9:30pm.
The requirements for this program are as follow:
- Must have a High School Diploma or Equivalency (must be 18-24; however, 17 with HSD/GED is okay)
- Participates must live on the North Shore of Staten Island
- Participates will go through an eligibility process
- Commitment, attendance and punctuality is a must
- The program consist of a Literacy and Soft skills class course, Patient Care Technician Training, internship, job placement assistance, and next steps for a college degree
- We will prepare participates for the State Certified Nursing Assistant exam and National Patient Care Technician exam
- The program is completely free!
- Additional support system: Dedicated Advisor, access to computer lab, and resources