SummerStage is the largest FREE performing arts festival in New York City. By presenting artists and genres that reflect the diverse cultures and communities in neighborhood parks across the five boroughs, we help to build new audiences and foster a broader interest in the arts.
From the iconic to the avant-garde, from opera to hip-hop, film to circus–and everything in between–this is what makes SummerStage a truly only-in New York City festival.
WHAT TO KNOW WHEN ATTENDING SUMMERSTAGE
- Shows are RAIN or SHINE and are only cancelled in the event of dangerous conditions.
- Schedule of events & performers are subject to change.
- Admission is first come first served for free events. Admission to the venue closes for the remainder of the event once capacity is reached.
- The following cannot be brought into the Central Park venue: large backpacks, luggage, glass bottles, cans, coolers, folding chairs, bikes, rollerblades, scooters, skateboards, beach umbrellas, video cameras, selfie sticks, musical instruments, professional camera gear or pets (service animals are allowed).
- Strollers are prohibited in the venue unless you are attending Global Family Day.
- We aren’t responsible for prohibited items left outside the venue.
- Bags are subject to search.
- Alcoholic beverages are forbidden in NYC Parks & the distribution/sale of unauthorized materials is banned. Beer and wine are on sale at the Central Park venue for onsite consumption only.
- Factory sealed plastic water bottles and refillable bottles are allowed into the Central Park venue.
- Smoking is prohibited in all NYC parks.
- At dance shows in Central Park, first-come, first-served limited seating will be offered.
- SummerStage is accessible to the mobility-impaired. For additional information please call (212) 360-2789 and ask to speak with our Volunteer Coordinator.
- To obtain the Parks Telecommunications Device for the Deaf (TDD), please call (800) 281-5722.
- SummerStage takes place at Rumsey Playfield, enter Central Park on 69th and 5th Ave. Click here for directions.
SUMMERSTAGE BOX OFFICE
Tickets to Benefit Concerts at SummerStage are only available on Ticketfly or at our on site box office. If purchasing from another source, you risk purchasing a counterfeit or invalid ticket. SummerStage cannot guarantee that tickets purchased from an unofficial source like unauthorized third party resellers will be honored.
Tickets to Benefit Concerts are available for purchase on-site across from the VIP check in table on East Drive. Cash and credit cards are accepted. The box office is only open on show days.JULY 2017Free
Los Pericos / Chicano Batman / La Vida Bohéme in association with the Latin Alternative Music Conference
An afternoon of Alt-Latino music melding reggae-rock, funk & pop…
Find out more »Free
Four decades strong, these Brooklyn-born soul disco divas still delight
Featuring 4pm workshop with Scratch Academy….Free
Fela Tribute with Roy Ayers, Seun Kuti & Egypt 80 / Underground System / Rich Medina in association with Giant Step and the Paris New York Heritage Festival
For the first time, Fela Kuti collaborator Roy Ayers will join with Fela’s son in an homage to the iconic pioneer of Afrobeat…
Find out more »Free
Critically acclaimed alternative rock figures with an uninterrupted 30+year career unparalleled in its creative breadth
New York’s own reigning kings of freestyle
Featuring 5pm Freestyle Dance Class with Conrad Rochester….$49.50
After bursting on to the alternative rock scene in 1992, PJ Harvey has continually evolved her sound ranging from punk to blues. The Mercury Prize award winning and Grammy nominated Brit brings her unique sound to SummerStage for a benefit concert in Central Park. …Free
East Harlem freestyle, latin, dance-pop singer of best know for 90s hit Together Forever.
Featuring 5pm workshop with Scratch Academy….Free
Harlem-born latin boogaloo artist who combines his love of doo-wop and soul into his own signature style.
Featuring 5pm dance workshop “Rhythm & Power: ¡Dance Nueva York!” in association with the Museum of the City of New York. …Free
Evelyn “Champagne” King / Joey Carvello
Staten Island’s own eclectic crew of psychedelic funk and soul instrumentalists…
Find out more »Free
Staten Island’s own Wu-Tang Clan founding member dominates the mic with metaphors, science and word play…$60 – $65
to benefit the Coalition for the Homeless
Muse is Matt Bellamy, Dominic Howard and Chris Wolstenholme. Their last album, Drones, was released in June 2015 and debuted at No. 1 in 21 countries around the world including their first No. 1 album in the United States. …Free
The Public Theater’s Mobile Unit: Star-Crossed (Los Desdichados)
Love songs and readings from Pablo Neruda’s impassioned Spanish translation of Romeo and Juliet…
Find out more »Free
Contemporary ballet company performs to Amy Winehouse music paired with sensual athleticism of YYDC’s Through the Fracture of Light
Featuring 6pm pre-show panel with Christine Cox of BalletX, Yin Yue of YY Dance Company, and Stefanie Batten Bland of Company SBB moderated by Apollonaire Scherr. RSVP required, RSVP@CityParksFoundation.org…$55
By purchasing tickets to SummerStage Benefit Concerts, you are continuing to support over 100 free performances in parks throughout the five boroughs. Regina Spektor The dulcet, oft spectral tones of Regina Ilyinichna Spektor’s voice are immediately recognizable as hers and hers alone. Born in Moscow, she immediately displayed a proclivity for music, studying classical piano at age six. Her family left Russia for New York City, and Spektor continued her training, focusing on composition. By her later teen years she…Free
Modern, folk, flamenco and house dance from Bronx artists
Featuring 7pm workshop with Sekou McMiller Dance.
Legendary South Bronx Princess of Salsa
Featuring 6pm workshop with Joe Burgos Salsa Dance…Free
Salsa’s next definitive voice effortlessly blends tradition with pop, rock and reggaeton
Featuring 4pm Latin Percussion workshop with Conga & Timbal…Free
A night of diverse music featuring folk and rock in tribal language, Taiwanese and Mandarin
Celebrate four decades of the Bronx-conceived b-boy crew with this annual who’s who of classic hip-hop performers featuring Brooklyn’s Grammy-nominated female rap visionary
80s superstar who brought freestyle to the mainstream with hits like I Wonder if I Take You Home…$39.50 – $45
All Time Low / SWMRS / Waterparks / The Wrecks
Heralded as one of the best pop-punk bands of the modern era, a precocious All Time Low crew began their journey in 2003 when they formed just outside of Baltimore, while still in high school. Now seemingly always on tour, this hard working quartet was first invited on the Vans Warped Tour in 2007. …
Find out more »
Ultimate Break and Beats Anniversary / BreakBeat Lou / SPECIAL ED / Camp Lo / hosted by Lord Finesse
The brand that set the blueprint for sampled music celebrates with the help of several hip-hop notables
Featuring 6pm workshop with Scratch Academy…Free
Celebrated Philadelphia dance troupes, known for their hip-hop and modern styles, join for an evening-length program titled Straight Outta Philly
…$49.50 – $55
Dashboard Confessional / The All-American Rejects / The Maine
Two powerhouse bands that rule emo, alt, indie and acoustic rock and pop punk…
Find out more »